Made in America. Easy to play! Durable and easy to maintain! The Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin grade maple rim. At only 4 pounds, the weight makes it ideal for both children and adults to play and to travel with conveniently.
Easy to play! Durable and easy to maintain! The Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin grade maple rim.
Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo for greater success in learning to play.
1) Deering Goodtime Smile Bridge
The responsive sensitivity of the maple, with the hard, dense ebony
top contributes to the Goodtime banjos clear, resonant responsiveness.
2) Quiet Tailpiece
Specially selected metal is used to prevent the tailpiece from making
“its own sound” and muddying up the banjo’s tone. The violin maple rim
is supposed to sing, not your tailpiece.
3) Stability Enhancing J-hooks
The proprietary Deering J-hooks are wider at the top to prevent
twisting off the tension hoop when tightening the banjo head.
4) Quiet Coordinator Rod
Made of special alloy that is strong and does not interfere with the
singing resonance of the violin maple rim.
5) 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
The maple in the Goodtime rim is the exact wood used in the finest
violins in the world. Only Deering puts this professional grade
3-ply maple rim in a banjo in this price range.
6) Sealed Geared Tuners
Five high quality geared tuning machines make tuning the
Goodtime banjo easy, accurate and fun. Too many student
banjos are cursed with poor quality tuners, so the students
blame themselves for an out of tune banjo when it’s the tuner that is at fault.
7) Rock Maple Neck
This fine grained, dense, extremely hard, wood creates a stable neck,
and imparts a bright, crisp quality to the Goodtime banjo tone.
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 11" Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
6 year warranty
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
- Weight Approx.4.5 lbs
- Triangle Goodtime Box for Carrying
- Gig bag or Hardshell Case sold separately