This drum method book can be used for private instruction as well as group lessons. Private teachers will find that this method is comprehensive and practical. Elementary band directors can correlate most of the material with any elementary band series.
The exercises, summaries, and rhythm studies will develop stick control, coordination, rhythm reading ability, and confidence. The material will enable the percussion section to develop musicianship and provide musical accompaniment for the entire band.
• New rhythms are introduced and illustrated showing the method of counting and tapping of the foot.
• Exercises are designed to develop each newly learned rhythm.
• Summaries provide a continuous review of the newly learned material.
• Rhythm studies exploit the newly learned material in all possible combinations
Every lesson builds on those that came before, giving students a chance to practice what they have learned and reinforcing skills that will be used over and over.
Intermediate and advanced students can use the material in this book in the following ways:
1. Flams can be played on all the quarter notes
2. Flam Taps can be played on all the eighth notes
3. Flam Paradiddles can be played on all the sixteenth notes
Private teachers and elementary band directors will find that this method assures a higher standard of musicianship for drummers.
Introducing Cut Time
Introducing Dotted Notes
Introducing Downbeat Eighth Note Rolls
Introducing Eighth Notes Combined with Sixteenth Notes
Introducing Eighth Notes with Eighth Rests
Introducing Sixteenth Notes
Introducing Sixteenth Notes Combined with Eighth Notes
Introducing the Dotted Eighth Sixteenth Note Rhythms
Introducing Tied Notes
Introducting Eighth Notes
Introducting Quarter Notes and Quarter Rests
Introducting Whole Notes and Whole Rests
Preliminary Buzz Roll Studies
Use of Foot
8.75 x 11.75
Mel Bay Publications, Inc.